What you'll need:
- 8oz can of tomato paste
- 1.5lb broken vermicelli pasta
- 2 tablespoons Bzaar
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 piece lamb per person
- 1 small onion
- 8 cups water
What to do:
1. Dice onion into small squares
2. On medium-high heat, add olive oil, giving it a minute to heat, add onions and allow to sauté
3. Add meat to pot and allow to brown on both size
4. Add tomato paste and spices to pot, mix making sure to coat all pieces of meat.
5. Add water, mixing well insuring tomato paste and spices dissolve
Lower heat to medium-low heat, cover pot and allow to cook for 15 mins.
6. Cover the rim of the steamer pot in foil, creating a snug fit.
7. Add vermicelli to top portion of the steamer. Take 3 tablespoons of water and ''splash'' pasta to moisten it. Clear the center area to allow steam to escape and cook.
8. After 15 mins add ''dahaan'' or the oil layer that formed on the top of the sauce in the bottom pot to the pasta.
This step is ESSENTIAL. It slowly adds moisture to the pasta helping it cook as well as infuse it with flavor. It must be added slowly as to not drench the pasta.
9. Begin making Boosla. The recipe is listed here
10. The meat and pasta need about 40 mins to cook. I would suggest adding sauce and tossing the pasta twice during this time. Cooked pasta will look like this:
Once its all cooked, time to assemble.
11. Pour pasta into dish
12. Add any left over sauce on top
13. Arrange meat on top of pasta then ladle Boosla around the meat, covering all of the pasta