What you need:
- 12 Mason Jars
- 2lbs Carrots (washed and peeled)
-4lbs Hot Peppers (I use Jalapeños)
- White Vinegar
What to do:
1. Cut your carrots and peppers long-ways in about 2' in segments. Depending on preference and jar size, that may be longer or shorter.
2. Put the carrots and peppers in the jar. I suggest putting the peppers on top; why you ask? I just do.
3. PER JAR: Add 1.5 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup PLUS 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 3 gloves of garlic sliced, squeeze HALF a lemon (adding the Rhine)
4. Fill the jars the rest of the way up with hot water and close. Shake the jar up to make sure everything is incorporated.
5. Leave to pickle for 2-3 days. Refrigeration is NOT needed until you open the jars. Enjoy!
FYI: Using your fingers or greasy spoon to dish out will result in spoiling.